TABACON HOT SPRINGS & SPA
Set amidst a rainforest near the base of the Arenal Volcano, the Tabacón Hot Springs are a fantastic place to unwind. Tabacón was one of the first hot springs resorts in the Arenal region, and as such maintains a high quality of standard for its guests.
There are five different springs at Tabacón. Temperatures within the springs range from 77 °F (25 °C) to 122 °F (50 °C). A thermal river (heated by the volcano) flows in two main channels throughout the resort. Pulled by gravity, the river pools in some places and trips over waterfalls in others. There is a cold river that winds through the property as well, offering up cooler pools that contrast nicely with the hot springs.
Within the main area is a swim-up bar and waterslide. Guests can enjoy an ice-cold cocktail while soaking in the steaming water and then get their blood flowing by plunging down the slide. The pools in the lower section have a secluded ambiance and serve up fantastic views of the Arenal Volcano. All the pools are surrounded by gardens.
- Price per person (USD).
- Higher rates for Christmas, New Year and Easter week, please ask.
- Tabacon limits the number of day visitors, thus, it is recommended that you reserve in advance
- Meals are served at Ave del Paraíso Restaurant and include natural beverages
- Wearing water shoes is strongly recommended
- Child price applies to children from 6-11 yrs.
- Transportation not included. If you need transport it has an additional cost depending on the location of your hotel, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation
What to bring: Water shoes, change of clothes and optional money for snacks, spa, or souvenirs.
We include: Entrance fee, lunch or dinner depends on your choice, locker and towel (deposit required).
Day Pass: 10:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Morning Pass: 10:00 hrs to 14:00 hrs
Night Pass: 18:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs
Duration: 6 hours
Day Pass with Lunch or Dinner: Adults $85 | Children $30
Morning Pass with Lunch: Adults $70 | Children $25
Night Pass with Dinner: Adults $70 | Children $25