ARENAL VOLCANO HIKE
On this 4 km (2.4 miles) walk along the trails of Arenal National Park we will enter into the tropical forest and areas which were once devastated by the fury of the volcano.
During the hike, it is possible to see a great variety the area’s characteristic flora as the Ceiba Tree, an impotent tree that survived all volcanic activities of the last years, as well we’ll visit more sites of interest the lava slides of 1992 and the large accumulation of solidified volcanic material ejected from the crater of this mighty colossus, during the very active period of that year. On clear days, you will enjoy incredible views of the impressive Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, the Tilaran Mountain Range, and Cerro Chato.
Our Naturalist Guide will provide you with important and interesting information about the main characteristics of the volcano, which has been active since 1968 and many other details about all of the things you will encounter along the trail. At the end of the walk we will take a delicious fresh tropical fruit snacks to return to your hotel.
- Price per person (USD).
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age required: 08 years.
- Price for child’s: 08 – 12 years.
- May be operated by a multilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Transportation included from most La Fortuna hotels. If your hotel is far from downtown La Fortuna or the main road to the Arenal Volcano, extra charges may apply, please ask.
- The departure times are approximates. Your exact pick-up time will be sent in your reservation confirmation.
- Not recommended for people with back, or heart problems, pregnant women, or people with severe medical conditions.
What to bring: Hiking shoes or tennis shoes, comfortable clothing, raincoat or poncho, insect repellent, swimwear & towel if visiting the hot springs, and money for snacks, tips, or souvenirs.
We include: Transportation to and from your hotel in air conditioned minivan with Wi-Fi, bilingual naturalist guide, National Park entrance fee, bottled mineral water, snacks, and insurance policy. Hot springs reservations with prior request.
Departure: 07:15 a.m. or 13:20 p.m.
Duration: 4 hours